An ongoing investigation into Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has expanded to look into claims of sexual misconduct.
“In addition to the investigation into misconduct in public office, the assessment of reports that a woman was taken to an address in Windsor in 2010 for sexual purposes is ongoing,” the U.K.’s Thames Valley Police shared in a statement released on Friday, May 22, offering an update on the probe.
Authorities confirmed that they have spoken with the woman’s legal team.
“We have engaged with the woman’s legal representative to confirm that, should she wish to report this to police, it will be taken seriously and handled with care, sensitivity and respect for her privacy and her right for anonymity,” the statement continued. “We recognize how difficult it can be to speak about experiences of this nature, and any contact with police will be led by her wishes, when and if she feels ready and able to do so.”
News broke on February 19 that Andrew, 66, had been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office. King Charles III confirmed his brother was taken into custody in a statement that same day.
Following his arrest, two residences — one in Berkshire and in Norfolk — were searched by police, the authorities confirmed on Friday.
The Thames Valley Police shared in Friday’s statement that they have been working closely with the U.K.’s Crown Prosecution Service along with the United States Department of Justice for more information that could be related to the investigation. Friday’s statement specifically stated that the police are “examining a number of aspects of alleged misconduct” noted in the Epstein Files.
The Thames Valley Police said they are “speaking with a number of witnesses,” but made it clear that their identities would not be released.
Thames Valley Police Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright also spoke out in a statement regarding the “complex” investigation.
“Our team of very experienced detectives are working meticulously through a significant amount of information that has come in from the public and other sources,” he said in part. “We are committed to conducting a thorough investigation into all reasonable lines of enquiry, wherever they may lead.”
Wright encouraged anyone with information about the case to get in touch with the Thames Valley Police department.
“I understand the high level of interest in this work, but please be patient as we continue to actively progress our investigation,” he added. “We will provide further updates to the public and media when appropriate.”
U.K. authorities initially confirmed in February that they were looking into allegations that Andrew had shared confidential information with the late billionaire sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein from 2001 to 2011.
Andrew’s longtime friendship has continued to raise eyebrows over the years. The late Virginia Giuffre alleged that she had an underage sexual encounter with Andrew, facilitated at the hands of Epstein and his cohorts. Andrew settled a lawsuit with Giuffre outside of court in 2022. She died by suicide at age 41 in April 2025
Andrew, who was stripped of his prince and Duke of York titles amid the scandal, has continued to vehemently deny any wrongdoing.


